February 17th 1937 was a day upon which a miracle happened. On that day Fr. Leo Landoll stood at the altar of God and spoke the words of consecration and for the first time Jesus Christ, body and soul became present in a small white church that had recently been a private home. At that moment. Peter Claver Catholic Church was born.
The New Kitchen
Walking in faith the “In His Steps” capital campaign was launched on Palm Sunday. The goal was to raise enough money in pledges and prayer that we could take to the Bishop to allow us to build office space for the parish and also a kitchen to serve not only the parish, but the larger community surrounding St. Peter Claver.
The members of the parish responded and the Bishop not only granted the project to move forward but gifted the parish with a loan and funds that did not need to be repaid. Construction began immediately. The Bishop joined us for a blessing of the new kitchen.
Fall Into Winter
We mark the journey from Fall into Winter with the St Peter Claver Ladies Guild “Fall Into Winter Bazaar.” Food, fun, craft vendors, bingo, and cake walks are just a part of this successful, annual event.
The St. Peter Claver Community Garden is a social justice outreach of our church. The fruits of the garden are available to any person or family.